Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!


I have been away from my blog for a while for a few reasons. The first being my husband went up north to Old Crow (in the farthest reaches of the Yukon Territory) and he took the camera and cable with him so I couldn't add any pics. The other reason is that I unplugged from my computer for a while to be with my family. Well, now that it's January 7th, I want to wish everyone a very happy new year, from my family to yours. I have this great feeling that this year is going to be full of possibility and I am so excited about it. My first year here on the island was pretty great and launching my business was so fun. I was able to offer two film screenings, attend births and teach some wonderful classes to some amazing couples. I am so excited to see Beautiful Birth continue to grow and to continue to offer doula care, prenatal classes and mothering circles. It's going to be a great year.



I think one of the things that has me in such good spirits is we had a GREAT Christmas. Because of the snow, it was just my husband, myself and the two kids. There was no pressure, no stress, no tears, a Christmas walk in the snow as we watched the tundra swans overhead and enjoyed a lovely turkey dinner. We were all so happy. There were hand made gifts and the best present of all? Our daughter got up and walked for the first time on Christmas day. She is 17 months old and has been taking her time. She's been crawling for a long time and then walking on her knees. But for whatever reason, on Christmas day, she stood up and walked and then never stopped. It was magic. Grandma bought her this beautiful pram that she is loving for her "baby." She just needs to figure out how to steer it and not keep running into walls.

I am excited for this new year and wish all of you and your families the very best.

No comments: