Tuesday, October 21, 2008

mama's good milk

A dear friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in the early summer. Despite weeks of struggling with breastfeeding, she found great support and is now successfully breastfeeding her little one and so proud of it. It's amazing to hear her talk of her experience and how she feels as a mother and the beautiful bond between herself and her daughter.

Seeing my friend nurture her baby and not feeling shy about feeding her in public, reminds me what a privilege it is to be able to breastfeed our babies. It also reminds me of how essential good, up to date, support is in those early weeks and how for many women it can make or break a breastfeeding relationship with their babies.

We say to breastfeed anytime, anywhere. Well this is my good friend (who is an amazing mother) breastfeeding her baby in the Saxon Switzerland in Germany. What an amazing photo!

This is another picture taken of her and her little one last weekend at Elk Lake. I am so proud of my friend, it took a lot of courage and determination for her to breastfeed her baby and now she does it with such ease.

If you need breastfeeding support or would like to find out more about the benefits of breastfeeding check out: www.lllc.ca or contact me at: catherine@beautifulbirth.ca

No comments: